However, this blog is not about the American election, but about making apple cider. Layla and I are big fans of apple cider and apple juice, and we thought this would be a cool thing to make in the future.
To make apple cider, you do the following:
- Choose the applies you want. Red Delicious and Yellow Delicious apples have a sweet flavor, while Granny Smith has a tart flavor.
- Try and mix the blends together, with maybe three sweet apples and one tart apple for a sweet taste.
- Clean off the apples and cut away bruises.
- Quarter the apples, but leave the skins on them.
- Blend the apples completely, or puree them in a food processor.
- Squeeze the pureed apples through a cheesecloth and get all the juice that you can. Then, store the cider in a sealed container in a cool room for two weeks.