GoodSearch is made up of 68,000 charities and schools that get help by the purchases and searches people make with GoodSearch. Just a few examples of some charities that have earned money through GoodSearch include:
- ASPCA has earned $19,000
- Best Friends Animal Society has earned $7,400
- Bubel/Aiken Foundation has earned $9,500
- Cesar and Ilusion Millan Foundation - The Dog Whisperer has earned $6,200
- Children's Tumor Foundation has earned $2,900
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation has earned $9,400
- Delaware Technical and Community College has earned $3,600
- Elephant Sanctuary has earned $8,400
- Families of Spinal Muscular Atrophy has earned $4,200
- Food Allergy & Anaplylaxis Network has earned $3,700
- Heifer International has earned $3,400
- Invisible Children has earned $3,700
- Penn State U. Dance Marathon has earned $5,300
- Save Darfur has earned $8,500
- St. Jude Children's Research Hospital has earned $7,300
- Students for a Free Tibet has earned $2,800
- Veterans of Foreign Wars has earned $2,700
- WMNF Community Radio has earned $1,200
- World Wildlife Fund as earned $3,200
So, while I have been an ardent supporter of Google, in an effort to help out charities, the Earth, people and our environment, we will be using GoodSearch. You can find out more about GoodSearch here.
Happy World Toilet Day!
While that may seem like a joke, it is anything but. The sad reality is that 2,600,000,000 people do not have access to a toilet. This amounts to 40 percent of the population of the human race. This is very serious because it has created a global sanitation crisis. In order to raise awareness about this, WaterAid has created World Toilet Day to show that 5,000 people every single day die from illness related to poor sanitation.